Use this Folin test kit to:
- Detect piperazines (such as BZP and TFMPP).
- Differentiate between MDMA, and MDA (also see the Simon’s Test Kit).
- Differentiate between amphetamine, and methamphetamine (also see the Simon’s Test Kit).
The Folin test should only be used after first testing with Marquis, Mandelin or Mecke (ideally all three).
Folin Test Kit Instructions
- Scrape a small part of your sample onto a testing surface such as a ceramic plate, or in the testing vial provided.
- Drop 1 drop of “FOLIN A” onto your sample.
- Drop 1 drop of “FOLIN B” onto your sample. Both liquids will mix together.
- Watch the color change over 1-2 minutes
- Compare the sample color with the color chart provided.
For piperazines: Your sample likely contains a piperazine if it yields no color reaction with Marquis, Mandelin and Mecke, but turns an orange color with Folin.
Storage: Store the bottles in a freezer, and allow the liquid to thaw before use. This will allow your test kit to last for years. Storing at room temperature isn’t recommended, as the test liquid will degrade within a couple of months.